Sunday, May 19, 2013

BREAKING: Deputy dies from complications following Windsor Green fire - Carolina Forest

BREAKING: Deputy dies from complications following Windsor Green fire - Carolina Forest

A first responder who provided security during the Windsor Green fire of March 16 has died.
Tim Causey, who had been in a medically induced coma following the March 16 fire, passed away Sunday morning, according to the Horry County Sheriff's Office.
"It is with deep regret that we have to report that our friend and coworker, Deputy Sheriff Tim Causey, passed away this morning as has gone to be with the Lord," the sheriff's office said on its Facebook page.
"He passed away around 9am at the Medical University of South Carolina," the post continued. "Please pray for peace, strength and understanding for the Causey family. We will pass along the arrangements as soon as we get them."
Causey worked in the warrants division of the sheriff's office. The Loris area man is survived by his wife, Donna, and two daughters.
Horry County Fire-Rescue released a prepared statement Sunday shortly after news of Causey's passing became public.
"Horry County Fire Rescue is deeply saddened by the news of the loss of Horry County Sheriff’s Deputy, Tim Causey," the statement said.
"It was apparent during the Windsor Green Fires that Deputy Causey had not only a passion for the betterment of the community he served, but for those he worked along side of as well.
"Deputy Causey will be deeply missed, but will never be forgotten. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his immediate family, as well as his brothers and sisters in service," the statement concluded.
Horry County Police also released a statement on its Facebook page.
"The Horry County Police Department family mourns with our brothers and sisters at the Horry County Sheriff's Office at the death of Deputy Tim Causey," the statement said. "Rest in Peace Tim, your watch is over. Please pray for his family as well as his law enforcement family during this time."
A few days after the fire, Causey became ill and went to the hospital.
Doctors determined Causey was suffering from smoke inhalation with acute respiratory failure. He was flown to MUSC, where he was also diagnosed with the swine flu.
In April, dozens of residents turned out to Lake Swamp Baptist Church in the Finklea community for a barbecue plate fundraiser for Causey and his family.
“The whole situation is just stressful,”  Sommer Causey, his oldest daughter, said during the benefit. “He’s always been kind and strong. He’s never been selfish. He always cares about others.”
Deputy Causey was helping others when he responded to the Windsor Green fire, which destroyed 26 condominium buildings in Carolina Forest.
Sgt. Jeff Benton, spokesman for the sheriff’s office, said Causey was working within the confines of the Carolina Forest subdivision for three days after the fire.
Benton, the sheriff’s office spokesman, said deputies who worked the fire aren’t exhibiting similar symptoms, and Donna Causey said her husband has never experienced breathing problems in the past.
“We miss him. We are anxious to get him back,” Benton said. “We continue to ask for prayers for this public servant, who has worked tirelessly for 25 years.”
Arrangements hadn't been set as of this posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment